WBS Follow-Up Partner Agreement
The Spirit of this Agreement
World Bible School (WBS) courses teach important Christian doctrines. Simple integrity requires that people who claim to teach and represent WBS should hold beliefs consistent with the WBS courses. Therefore WBS Follow-up Partners agree to live by and teach by the following statement:
As a WBS Follow-up Partner, I agree that I am a member, in good standing, of the Lord’s church. Christ added me to God’s family when I trusted His Gospel, repented of my sins and, as a believer, received immersion for the removal of my sins.
For purposes of this Followup Partner Agreement, World Bible School (WBS) defines followup as the voluntary (unpaid) act of contacting and assisting WBS students who request face-to-face personal Bible study or who desire to be baptized. It is a tremendous responsibility and an honor to perform these tasks, and WBS thanks you for considering taking on this role.
Follow-Up Partner Responsibilities
Follow-up Partners agree to do the following:
- Monitor their email and the WBS website (www.worldbibleschool.org) regularly for notifications of follow-up requests in geographic areas they have agreed to cover.
- Promptly adopt follow-up requests they can handle or that they can forward promptly to known, trusted Christians who are near the student and will handle the request.
- Communicate initial status updates on the WBS website to Study Helpers within a week of adopting the request, and communicate new updates on the WBS website as they occur. (Keeping Study Helpers updated helps them know how to pray for their student and for you, and encourages them to keep teaching.)
- Provide reports to the WBS website with enough detail so that the student’s Study Helper can see that the student is being given the proper level of attention.
- Refer students only to members of the Lord’s church.
- Notify WBS of changes in their own status, to include a change in location, contact information or in their ability to perform Follow-up Partner tasks.
- Never request financial assistance or physical resources from WBS students or Study Helpers.
Follow-Up Partner Disqualification
In rare cases, WBS may find it necessary to disqualify a Follow-up Partner. Disqualification should not be seen as a judgment on a person’s relationship with Christ, but as a way for WBS to maintain its integrity and remain accountable to its leaders and supporters. Disqualification may occur for any of the following reasons:
- Failing to follow Christ faithfully or to practice the great truths taught in the Bible.
- Promoting doctrines or teachings not in agreement with the Bible or the WBS curriculum.
- Failing to adhere to Follow-up Partner Responsibilities listed above.
- Acting immorally, belligerently or rudely towards students, Study Helpers, or WBS staff.
- Communicating with students outside WBS channels in order to avoid WBS review.
WBS reserves the right to interpret these standards on a case-by-case basis. By agreeing to teach with World Bible School, you are submitting to the sometimes subjective, always human interpretation of these standards.
World Bible School defines “follow-up” as any process directing a student to any resource outside of the World Bible School website(s) or correspondence programs.
This can include, but is not limited to the following:
- Sending students to websites not authorized by World Bible School
- Collecting student contact information for the purpose of disseminating information not in the World Bible School curriculum without written permission from World Bible School
- Using curriculum not authorized in writing by World Bible School
- Referring students to any persons or organizations without the direction of World Bible School
Privacy and Review
World Bible School can review any communications between Study Helpers and a student.
Teachers will provide copies of communication between teacher and students done outside of the website upon request by World Bible School. For example, World Bible School may ask a teacher to forward to WBS an email thread between the teacher and a student.
Follow-up Partners may appeal a disqualification decision by writing World Bible School at:
P.O. Box 2169 Cedar Park, TX 78630
By providing follow-up for any World Bible School students you are agreeing to the terms and standards defined in this agreement.
This document was last updated on May 29, 2019.